– Ron mentioned an example from his own life right in the beginning where he said when he turns his attention inwards, he finds that he gets quieter, gets more calm, you said more spacious.
– More spacious. Yeah.
– So I can respond rather than react.
– So you can respond, yeah. Rather than react.
– Rather than react. When I think of emotions I think of energy in motion. Emotions are energy in motion.
– They move like waves in and out and if I can just sit with ’em it might just roll, just one rolls in. And if I can give it some space, it might just roll out and then it’s clear and clean.
– That’s right.
– You can experience that emotion, but you’re no longer ruled by that emotion.
– You’re not being tumbled along.
– In the current.
– Exactly, not in the washing machine of it.