Siskiyou Vital Medicine is now offering a midwifery membership with Naturopathic Doctor and Midwife Dr. Katie Guidotti. This year-long membership includes full-spectrum homebirth midwifery care (prenatal, birth and postpartum) as well as vaccine counseling, pelvic care, well-baby care, and more. Homebirth midwifery care is a great option for women with low-risk pregnancies. Please contact us with any questions and see Katie’s bio for more details.
What is a naturopathic midwife?
“Naturopathic midwives are the most extensively trained natural childbirth providers available to you and your family. Naturopathic midwives are trained to provide you with safe and effective midwifery care and their background as licensed naturopathic doctors broadens the scope of care you will experience from pregnancy and birth to full family natural health care. From preconception and infertility counseling through newborn and pediatric care, ongoing well woman and menopause concerns, naturopathic midwives are healthcare providers for all seasons of your family’s health care needs.” (American Association of Naturopathic Midwives)
About Naturopathic Midwifery
Naturopathic midwives are naturopathic physicians who have received additional classroom and hands-on training in natural childbirth and maternity care. Naturopathic midwives offer comprehensive care to women throughout the childbearing year. We support moms and their growing babies in natural ways, offering guidance in nutrition and self-care and using natural remedies when needed to treat any discomforts that arise. We are also able to prescribe medications when they are needed. Naturopathic midwives attend births at home and carry all necessary emergency equipment to handle a complication if one should occur.
Similar to many other types of midwives, naturopathic midwives align with the Midwifery Model of Care which describes midwifery as “being with women, listening to women, and sharing knowledge and decision-making with women. The goal of the midwifery model of care is to support women and their families in the process of birthing their babies safely, unhindered and with confidence. “ (Midwives Alliance of North America)
Dr. Guidotti shares,
“As a naturopathic midwife, I view pregnancy and childbirth as natural processes in a woman’s life. I have immense trust and reverence for women and babies as they experience these incredible life transitions. I view birth as a rite of passage into motherhood and believe it has a deep impact on women, babies and entire families. My intention with your care is to provide an environment of mutual respect, listening, and trust. I aim to support all aspects of your process, including physical, emotional and spiritual. Every woman and family is unique and will be supported as such.”
To schedule a free consultation to discuss your midwifery care with Dr. Guidotti, call 541.210.5687.
Midwifery care includes the whole family! Big brother loves his new baby, from belly through birth and beyond… (all photos used with family permission!)
Our SVM 12 Month Midwifery Membership Includes:
- 12 month membership at SVM (for both mom and baby, dated from the time prenatal care begins)
- Prenatal visits at the clinic: every 4 weeks until 28 weeks of pregnancy, every 2 weeks between 28 & 36 weeks, and weekly from 36 weeks until the time of birth
- Home visit around 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Postpartum visits for mom and baby: home visits at 1 day, 3 days, and 1 week following your birth; visits at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks after the birth are held at the clinic
- Well-child visits for baby during the 12 month membership period
- Naturopathic care and management of any relevant health conditions during the 12 month membership period for both mom and baby
- On-call availability during your due window of 36-43 weeks of pregnancy
- Labor and birth attendance in your home by two experienced midwives
- Referral for ultrasound and specialist consultation, if indicated
- Membership discounts on blood work and supplements
- Prescription management as needed
- Lactation support
- Vaccine counseling/consultation appointment
- Holistic Pelvic Care Session of 90 minutes (can be used between 6 weeks and 6 months postpartum)