Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is used for the healing and regeneration of acutely injured or chronically inflamed body tissues. Dr. Duncan’s effective PRP solution contains platelets derived from the patient’s own body and powerful cell activators. PRP is used when the injury requires regenerative growth factors and restorative cell signaling proteins. This blend boosts and stimulates the innate healing process in the area of concern. PRP can be used for aesthetics, the restoration of sexual function, and repair of damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints.
PRP Therapy can treat a variety of diseases like
- Back pain & Neck pain
- Rotator cuff tears and other Ligament injuries
A few things to remember:
- Do NOT take any anti-inflammatory medications following treatment
- Soreness in the treatment site is to be expected
- Encourage healthy blood and lymph flow through the application of heat and castor oil
- Encouraged to eat collagen rich foods, mineral and vitamin rich vegetables, and healthy fats to promote optimal healing.
- Positive results are typically experienced 2-3 weeks after treatment and follow up appointments are 6 weeks post procedure.