– I recommend salivary or hormone testing in general for people that who may not be feeling quite themselves. Maybe feeling sluggish, run down, brain fog, have a hard time healing, have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Finding they’re kind of drained all day but get wired at night. Cold intolerance, constipation, diarrhea. There’s a whole list of things. When you’re treating foundationally it’s nice to figure out what’s going on with the endocrine system. What’s going on with the ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands and what’s the best way to assess all those hormones.
– Yeah, it’s crucial. I find that even just subtle shifts in people’s hormone levels which means they’re brought back into balance can make dramatic changes in their overall well being.
– Absolutely and all you need is just a little bit sometimes.
– That’s right.
– It’s really nice to know where we’re at.
– In today’s modern society and all the structures that we have I think it would be useful for all of us to really get a baseline of what’s our adrenal status look like? Because that can change a lot of things. The amount of inflammation in your body, how well you do with blood sugars or dietary sugars. How well you’re dealing with stress? What’s the reason for your weight gain? Why are you not sleeping? Those sorts of questions can be answered by doing a simple cortisol test which is saliva so it’s not painful.