- VIDEO: The Benefits of Bone Broth, Part 1 The Immune System
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Bone Broth, Part 2 Joint Health
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Bone Broth, Part 3
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Bone Broth, Part 4 Bone Broth Brands
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Bone Broth, Part 5 Homemade Bone Broth
– If you don’t wanna make your own, and I guess that is most cost-effective, to make your own, it costs me like about eight bucks to make a gallon, or you can buy some, you know, like 9 bucks for 24 ounces.
– That’s your call.
– But it’s important that you get a good brand. Now, I’ve talked with people and they say, hey, you know there’s this brand and it’s on the self. It’s in a box. And it’s self stable, what about that? And I say, no, do not use the bone broth’s that are in shelf stable containers that aren’t refrigerated. That’s not the kind of bone broth you wanna get. If you’re gonna buy bone broth, you either wanna buy it where it’s frozen or in the refrigerated section. And I have three brands that I tend to recommend to people. There the ones that I have found to be the cleanest. They’re organic, and that would be Kettle & Fire, is a great one. EPIC is another one. And then the last one is Boneafide. Those are the three. So, Boneadfide you’ll find in bags in the freezer section. The EPIC, and the Kettle & Fire… The EPIC is in glass jars. You’ll usually find that in the refrigerated section. And then, Kettle & Fire does come in a jar as well. Now, there is a another thing that people could do as it comes to mind, is there’s another brand called Ancient Nutrition. And what they’ve done is they’ve created a bone broth protein powder, where they’ve actually taken the broth and they’ve dehydrated it. And turned it into a powder. And so you can add that to smoothies, or you can add hot water to that and just drink it. So, that’s adequate also. And that might be like, something to take on the go. If you’re travelling, you can have the powder with you. I’ll stick it in like, a backpacking trip.
– Backpacking trip, would be a great example of that. Camping, backpacking, you know, traveling across the country. A lot of people that are following specific diets or want to eat healthily, they complain that traveling through airports or going through the middle section of the country, it’s really hard to find good, clean food. So, this is a great way to actually take something with you. And you know, air travel you have to take something in powder. You can’t bring liquids through, so, what a great solution.
– Absolutely. You know, there’s one last thing I wanna mention when it comes to bone broth. And that’s if the idea of drinking a cup of bone broth is not appetizing to you, then bone broth is a fantastic base for soups. And here we are, we’re in the winter. And it’s cold. And what better time to make soup, than right now? So, make some bone broth. And have that as the base of your soup, and you will have an incredibly nourishing soup.
– Awesome. That sounds delicious.
-It does. Doesn’t it?
– Makes me want to go, to make some.