– Probiotics not only effect the microbiome and effect the immune system, but they’re actually chelating.
– Some of the bacteria actually glomming onto mercury in our guts and pulling that out of our intestines. So we’re finding each day that probiotics serve a wide variety of purposes that benefit our health in so many different ways. So that sort of reaffirmed my… My belief and my confidence in probiotics and the use of probiotics on a daily basis. They really just help clean our guts and chelate metals out of our bodies that would otherwise end up in our tissues. Curcumin, you know… Curcumin that you would have in your herb cabinet,
– Or Turmeric
– Yeah, turmeric. Chelates metals amazingly out of the nervous system. So out of the central nervous system so fatty tissues which is amazing. And again this is kind of the other part of that our ability to detox from toxins is really not only is it body amazing, but our body is able to use herbs and different plant materials to help us stay healthy. So our co-evolution if you will, has allowed us to adapt to our new hostile environment. Right?
– So that we have these receptor sites for plant compounds that we’ve had a long-standing historic interaction with can facilitate
– Yeah. the detoxification pathways or detoxification in different systems of the body. Like curcumin in the nervous system.
– Right. And it’s really looking at curcumin binding to a metal which is interesting.
– That’s fascinating.
– Right? That’s like natural chelator. Just like some other natural chelators that we think of commonly would be like cilantro for example.
– Really, any fiber. So if you guys can look at there was a study done that was interesting. There was a study done looking at almond skins.
– So lots of almond skin, lots of fiber. But you are able to pull toxins out of the body using almond skins, or brown rice bran, or modified citrus pectin. So some of these things that we are pretty familiar with.